About Percy Thomson Meadows
The Assard Family has been farming in western Connecticut for generations. The original family farm was purchased on November 5th, 1906 by Shaker Assard. Originaly the farm started out as a dairy farm located on Woodcreek Road in Bethlehem. Years later James Assard, the son of Shaker purchased two farms located on Thomson Road. James named his farm Percy Thomson Meadows after the two farms he had purchased, Percy Farm and Thomson Farm. For many years James and his wife Bernice operated Percy Thomson Meadows, a full functioning dairy farm. In later years as the dairy industry declined James and Bernice ran a roadside stand known as Gram'stand and raised replacement heifers, custom cut beef and hay as their main commodities. The Assard family continues to farm approximately 100 acres in Bethlehem, Connecticut where they produce hay, all natural meats, fresh vegetables, free range eggs, and more.